Grafton is located approximately 630 kilometres north of Sydney in north-eastern New South Wales. It’s known as the ‘Jacaranda City’ after the many Jacaranda trees.
The present court house was built in 1880, to the plans of colonial architect James Barnett. It has National Trust classification.
Grafton lies on the Pacific Highway and is approximately seven hours drive from Sydney. There is a regional airport about 15 kilometres from the centre of town and Countrylink trains run regularly between Sydney and Grafton.